Are you unhappy & feeling disgraceful with your nose shape? Wishing to reshape this focal feature of your face? It’s possible through nose reshaping or Rhinoplasty, one of the popular cosmetic surgery performed now a days all over the world. It let’s the person to get desirable shape and (Attractive) appearance by re aligning nose. You can also correct (align) nose shape, if it has been damaged after an injury or accident.
What is Nose Reshaping or Rhinoplasty?
It is a cosmetic surgical method of reshaping the nose. A surgeon increases or decreases size of patient’s nose. Patient might need changes the shape of tip or bridge, narrows nostrils, span, and modifies angle between nose and upper lip. This surgery is performed not only to get the better nose appearance but also to correct some patient’s breathing problems, birth defects and marks of injuries.
- What are Benefits of Nose Reshaping?
- Here are some benefits of Rhinoplasty:
- Achieving the desirable look of nose
- Restoring and Enhancing self-esteem and self-confidence
- Correcting (setting up)Birth defects through Aligning
- Eliminating injury marks of nose
- Fixing breathing complications
- Reconstruction of nose shape
Who is Good Candidate of Nose Reshaping?
Generally, Our Qualified Surgeons suggest patient to avoid this surgery in young age since nose isn’t developed completely. There is a case when ugly shape of nose leave bad emotional and psychological effects in teenagers and it becomes somehow very important for them to undergo through Rhinoplasty. In this case, our Expert Surgeons offer a careful and fully monitored nose reshaping to young girls and boys. This surgery is best for a person who wants to:
- Get back self-confidence
- Achieve some aesthetic goal
- Fulfill reconstructive goal
- Correct birth defects
- Fix breathing problems
How to Prepare for Surgery?
We provide pre-surgical consultation with instructions and information to our patients. It is important to follow all instructions just to get the best possible results from the surgery. Patient need to quit smoking one week before the surgery. If you take aspirin or anti-inflammatory medicine then you have to stop its intake 1-2 weeks before surgery.
How Surgery is Performed?
This surgery is performed under general anesthesia and patient goes to sleep during the whole procedure. In normal cases incisions are made inside the nose, so closed surgery doesn’t leave any scarring. However Surgeon needs to go for an open surgery in some complicated cases and it leads to leave some scars behind, which disappear after few week of surgery. In Rhinoplasty, surgeon separates skin of nose from its supporting framework of cartilage and bone and he starts reshaping this framework depending on customer’s preference and requirements. Once he done with changing the framework, skin is again red raped over it. Once surgery is complete, surgeon applied splint on nose for maintaining its new shape and reducing the swelling. He may also place nasal packs or soft splints (small plaster dressings) in your nostrils for stabilizing the septum, which is a dividing wall between the air passages of nose.
What Risks are involved in Nose Reshaping?
Every year, thousands of people undergo through this surgery and they feel satisfied from it’s results and outcomes. Some people encounter with some minor risks and complications that are not only temporary but also infrequent in nature. The risks of Nose reshaping are:
- Hematoma, blood collects under the skin. Doctor needs to remove accumulated blood.
- Reaction to general anesthesia
- Numbness in very rear cases
Sometimes outcomes of surgery are not favorable, so patient needs another surgery to obtain desired results.
Here are some post operative care instructions you must need to follow after surgery:
- In first couple of days, sleep with your head elevated on 3-4 pillows. It will reduce swelling and minimize the risk of minor bleeding.
- Avoid strenuous activities such as jumping, lifting, bending, bodybuilding, etc up to 3 weeks after surgery.
- Don’t expose your nose to direct sunlight. Always apply sun block cream before you move out in sunshine.
- Use ice packs (cubes) to reduce swelling.
- Bruising on cheeks and eyes will be present for 1-2 weeks; you can use concealer to hide the redness.
- Wear nasal split for at least one-week and you should avoid getting it wet.
- Resume normal exercise after 3 weeks of surgery.
- In case surgeon has changed your bone during surgery then you need to wear glasses with a support such as tape.
Patient faces bruising and swelling just after the surgery and this situation prevails for almost 3-4 weeks. Patients have to maintain their patience level, since healing process of this surgery is usually slower than other cosmetic surgeries. Patient don’t need to be impatient. Normally, you are able to see final result of your nose reshaping in 10-12 months after the surgery. Patients will surely feel happy to see remarkable results in the form of their desirable shape and appearance.
You will be able to see final results of Rhinoplasty after one year. However, improvement in the appearance can be seen after 3 weeks of surgery. Interestingly, results of this surgery are long lasting after you will be able to get the perfect shape and size of your nose. Patients of Rhinoplasty feel a boost in their confidence level and feel really good when they see astonishing results. At this point, patient must note, that aging process may affect the results. Patients are able to undergo through another process, if they want to seek more improvements. Normally, additional process is less extensive.